Thursday, October 13, 2005

So so skies today... incredible skies tomorrow?

Clear Sky Clock
Seeing conditions were marginal this morning... perhaps a 5 out of 10. Tomorrow morning, however... skies are forecast to be absolutely amazing. The Clear Sky Clock for The High Meadows Observatory is calling for crystal clear skies, high transparency... and rock steady seeing. Perhaps a 6-5-6 morning.
At this point, I'm planning to get up a bit early... perhaps 5am... to beat the increasing affects of atmospheric heating & turbulence caused by the approaching sunrise. As an added bonus, The Planet Mars will be sitting just a bit higher in the sky... and closer to the zenith. The combination (I'm hoping) will allow me to push magnification levels a bit beyond Wednesday's 260x levels. In fact, I'm event going to ensure that The ObDob is readily accessible... just in case conditions allow for absurdly high levels of magnification.
With any luck, I'll be able to post tomorrow that my best views of Mars have been surpassed. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home